Monday, July 25, 2011

Life Long Friends Through Real Estate

I first met Joe and Cheryl when I helped them find a home in Vermont. We had lots of lunches together and enjoyed seeing houses until we eventually found the perfect home. We just clicked. And we became friends.

I met one of their daughters, Jessica, during the house buying process. I loved her wise cracking personality and her love of life! Then I found out she was in recovery from breast cancer that she discovered at 21. When she found out she had cancer, she was an undergraduate at UNH and went through chemo and radiation and then graduated in the nursing department.

Jess became a nurse at Fletcher Allen in Burlington, ran a marathon to show she had beaten cancer, and married Riley. She and Riley enrolled in Nurse Anesthetist School in Maine. Then her cancer came back.

This past Saturday, July 23, I ran in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Manchester, VT. This race encourages participants to raise money to help cure breast cancer. This was the 8th year I participated. Last year, I ran in honor of Jessica. This year I raced in memory of Jessica. She passed away last November at 26.

In real estate we sometimes have relationships that are only professional. We help people buy or sell homes. And sometimes we become friends and they let us into their lives and we in ours. Cheryl and Joe will always be my friends.

This is why I love what I do every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment