Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day in the Life of a Real Estate Agent, August 2, 2012

I was thinking of how diverse my day is and how many different deals I keep track of. It does feel like I'm "spinning plates" and trying to keep them all in the air without breaking any.

Today I drove back from NH and did business from the car for four hours. I did it on the way down the day before. I have been wondering what people did before cell phones were so popular. Everything just took a lot longer.

Examples:
- Negotiated inspection issues
- Called a lender to see where our approval was for a purchase
- Contacted the agent on the other end of that deal to inform him
- Silently cursed that we weren't getting the info we needed from the lender!
- Emailed other clients about the status of the loan for their buyers
- Made appointments for showings
- Set a closing time
- Negotiated an offer
- Called my assistant to email a document to me
- Arrived back at noon and ran home to get paperwork for an appointment
- Appointment to show property
- Had to call a seller and say a buyer had to terminate a deal
- Sent off the termination
- Negotiated the inspection issues more
- Got a call from the lender that the loan was approved (it is 6 pm now)
- Called the buyer, called the listing agent, then did a "happy dance!"
- Continued to negotiate the inspection issues and think we have verbal agreement


And this is not a busy day! I like that my job is diverse,  but I prefer it when the work takes 8 hours, not 12! But, I'm not really complaining because the market is strong and the interest rates are low.

Gotta go to bed and start over tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment