Saturday, February 4, 2012

Enjoying Church Street in Burlington

I love going to Church Street and at this time of the year the lights are out on the trees. There is even a canopy of lights over Cherry Street. Even with the cold weather, people are gathering on the street. This weekend is a winter festival but all I saw tonight was a light show (very cool) and an ice sculpture outside of The Scuffer.

I love Leunigs (my favorite restaurant) and also The Scuffer. I love the Scuffer for the "comfort food" of macaroni and cheese -- high calorie but high comfort. And on Wednesdays there are two for one hamburgers, including their veggie burgers.

The Penguin Plunge was today and there were 76 teams and about 1000 participants. Our daughter jumped in the cold Lake Champlain to raise money for Special Olympics. A great day in Burlington, VT: Penguin Plunge and dinner at The Scuffer!

No comments:

Post a Comment